Visa and Residence Permits:
Q: What is the process for obtaining a student visa for Bulgaria?
A: The University will assist you in obtaining a visa as part of the application and registration process. Here’s a general outline of the process:
- Applicant sends his legalized and translated application pack for MSc International Banking and Finance to HSIF.
- Once received, HSIF forwards the documents to the national accreditation agency to verify the recognition of the undergraduate degree from national authorities.
- Then, the application documents are approved by the Ministry of Education to allow for the student to be enrolled in the MSc degree.
- HSIF notifies the perspective MSc student that the on-boarding process is complete.
- The student can secure Visa D if they wish to pursue the degree in Bulgaria (students will need to show proof of funds for living and expenses whilst completing their degree in Bulgaria).
- Upon arrival, the student will need to register with the local branch of the Ministry of Interior for a temporary residence permit (renewable every 6 or 12 months).
Q: How long does it take to process a visa application?
Typically, this process takes about 3 months.
Q: Can I work part-time while studying, and what are the regulations for international students?
Yes, students can be in employment whilst completing their studies. Nonetheless, a minimum threshold of attendance to lectures must be met (>50% of all lectures).