The Association engages in high quality research in the relationship between finance and growth, sustainability and banking.
You will find on this page shortly a full list of publications for papers from recent conferences, seminar material, journal and book publications, published by the Association and its researchers and partners.
- Duan, K., Ivanov, P. and Werner (2023) Deciphering the Chinese Economic Miracle: The Resolution of an Age-Old Economists’ Debate—and its Central Role in Rapid Economic Development, Review of Political Economy, doi: 10.1080/09538259.2023.2180200
- Werner, R. (2023) Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Dictionary of Ecological Economics, p 256.
- Werner, R. (2023) Gross National Product (GNP), Dictionary of Ecological Economics, p. 257
- Lee, C. M. and Werner, R. (2023) Monetary Policy, Dictionary of Ecological Economics, pp. 356 - 357.
- Werner, R. (2023) Interest Rate Policy, Dictionary of Ecological Economics, p. 301.
- Ivanov, P. and Werner, R. (2022) The Currency vs the Banking School: A New Integrationist Paradigm, SSRN.
- Lee, K.-S. and Werner, R. (2022) Are lower interest rates really associated with higher growth? New empirical evidence on the interest rate thesis from 19 countries, International Journal of Finance and Economics, doi: 10.1002/ijfe.2630
- Ivanov, P. and Werner, R. (2022) The monetary Reform debate as the continuation of the Long-standing currency vs Banking school debate and the Identification of Its Long-Overdue Resolution, Review of Business and Economic Studies 6 (1): 6 - 13.
- Mkhaiber, A. and Werner, R. (2022) The relationship between bank size and the propensity to lend to small firms: New empirical evidence from a large sample, Journal of International Money and Finance, 102281
- Werner, R. (2021) Banks and Economic Growth: The General Theory in a Basic Disequilibrium Model with Five Rationing Regimes, Review of Economic and Business Studies 4 (1): 9 - 22.
- Mear, F. and Werner, R. (2020) Subsidiarity as secret of success:“Hidden Champion” SMEs and subsidiarity as winning HRM configuration in interdisciplinary case studies, Employee Relations: The International Journal, 43 (2): 524 - 554.
- Bermejo-Carbonell, J. and Werner, R. (2018) Does foreign direct investment generate economic growth? A new empirical approach applied to Spain, Economic Geography 94 (4): 425 - 456.
- Lee, K.-S. and Werner, R. (2018) Reconsidering monetary policy: An empirical examination of the relationship between interest rates and nominal GDP growth in the US, UK, Germany and Japan, Ecological Economics 146: 26 - 34.
- Werner, R. (2014) Can banks individually create money out of nothing? — The theories and the empirical evidence December 2014 | doi:10.1016/j.irfa.2014.07.015
- Werner, R. (2014) How do banks create money, and why can other firms not do the same? An explanation for the coexistence of lending and deposit-taking, December 2014 | doi:10.1016/j.irfa.2014.10.013
- Werner, R. (2015) A lost century in economics: Three theories of banking and the conclusive evidence, 8 September 2015 | doi:10.1016/j.irfa.2015.08.014