Instructor: Dr Achraf Mkhaiber
This module provides a comprehensive introduction to quantitative research methods in economics. Students will develop essential skills in designing and conducting empirical research, collecting, and analysing economic data, and communicating findings effectively. The course aims to equip students with the skills necessary to conduct rigorous empirical research, emphasising advanced econometric techniques, statistical models, and the use of specialised software for data analysis.
By the end of the module, students should be able to:
- Formulate well-defined research questions in the field of economics.
- Design and implement quantitative research studies using appropriate methodologies.
- Conduct econometric analyses and interpret results.
- Apply statistical techniques to economic data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using statistical software for data analysis.
- Communicate research findings effectively through written reports and presentations.