Thank you for your interest in the 2024 Summer School at Oxford!
The Summer Programme at Oxford Frontiers in Economics is unique in that it is designed specifically for university students and aspiring young professionals in the field of economics, business and governmental studies. The programme provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of the challenging issues involving government economic policy, monetary and fiscal policy, the banking system in the post-2008 world, and policies to create sustainable, stable and inclusive economic growth and prosperity. We are confident that the rewards from completing the programme will be substantial. These will be derived, not only from an enhancement of your understanding of most important and challenging issues on central banking, but also from the development of a strong network of senior international contacts at the programme.
We are pleased to introduce you personally to a leading group of experts who will present and engage with you on the programme. Expert presenters include Professor Avner Offer *(Chichele Professor in Economic History, All Souls College, University of Oxford), Dr James Forder* (Dean, Balliol College, Oxford), the leading expert on central bank independence, credibility and transparency policies, Professor Charles Goodhart* (LSE), the Bank of England’s leading central bank and monetary economics expert, Sir David Hendry* who is also the Director of Climate Econometrics at Nuffield College (University of Oxford), Prof. Gordon L. Clark*, Professor Emeritus, Smiths School of Enterprise and the Environment (University of Oxford), Dr Jurgen Doornik* of Nuffield College (University of Oxford) as well as Dr Plamen Ivanov, a Senior Lecturer in Banking at a number of UK Universities with interests in the varieties of capitalism. You will have the chance to meet these leading lights, discuss with them, benefit from their insights – and often join them for lunch or dinner during the Programme.
You can choose to attend either the sessions at the end of July (from Monday, 29 July till Friday, 2 August) or the sessions at the beginning of September (from Monday, 2 September till Friday, 6 September). The indicative programme for both options is set out below.
You can find out more about the Programme Venues by following this page.
You can find out more about the the Extracurriculum Activities by following this page.
Programme Fees & What is Included
Program Fee: The program fee for the Oxford Summer School is £2,750.
What is Included in the Programme Fee?
This fee covers the comprehensive educational experience and various amenities throughout the program. Included in the Program Fee:
- Bed and Breakfast (B&B) at an Oxford College. The program fee includes accommodation in authentic and convenient student housing within the University of Oxford. Enjoy a pleasant and secure environment during your stay. Have breakfast where Oxford students also take their meals.
- Lunch and dinner at Linacre College. As part of the program, you will have the opportunity to attend a special welcome dinner at the prestigious Linacre College. This event is a wonderful opportunity to connect with fellow participants, faculty members, and staff in a convivial setting.
- Enrolment and guided tour at the Bodleian Library. Receipt of Bodleian Membership Card, which serves as your temporary membership of the University of Oxford
- Teaching Materials. All necessary teaching materials, including course handouts, lecture notes, and related study materials, will be provided to you throughout the program. These resources will support your learning and ensure you have everything you need to make the most of your educational experience.
- Excursion to Blenheim Palace (near Woodstock) by minibus and
- Celebratory final dinner.
Our application process is designed to ensure that we gather the necessary information from prospective students and assess their suitability for the program. Please follow the steps outlined below to complete your application:
Step 1: Review Program Requirements - Before starting your application, carefully review the program requirements to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria. Take note of any specific prerequisites or language proficiency requirements, if applicable.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents - Prepare the necessary documents as outlined in the application guidelines. This may include:
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information. Double-check your responses before submitting.
- Statement of Purpose: Write a concise statement explaining your interest in the Oxford Summer School program, your academic and professional goals, and how attending the program aligns with your aspirations.
- Academic Transcripts: Provide official or unofficial transcripts from your current or previous educational institutions to demonstrate your academic achievements.
- Complete the following Application Form at the bottom of this webpage.
Step 3: Submit Your Application - Submit your completed application and all supporting documents by midnight on Friday, 2nd August 2024 by emailing email@example.com. Late applications may not be considered, so be sure to submit everything on time to ensure your eligibility.
Step 4: Application Review and Evaluation - Once your application is received, our admissions committee will carefully review your materials. This process may take some time, so please be patient. We evaluate applications based on various factors, including academic performance, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and overall suitability for the program.
Step 5: Notification of Admission Decision - After the evaluation process is complete, you will be notified of the admission decision via email. If you are accepted into the Oxford Summer School program, the email will include information regarding the next steps, such as payment instructions, enrollment confirmation, and any additional requirements.
Step 6: Acceptance and Enrolment - If you receive an offer of admission, you will be required to accept the offer within the specified timeframe. Pay any necessary fees and provide the requested documentation to secure your place in the program. Failure to complete the enrolment process by the deadline may result in the offer being withdrawn. We encourage you to apply early, as spaces in the program are limited, and demand is high.
If you have any questions or need further assistance regarding the application process, please don't hesitate to contact our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to support you throughout the application journey.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the Oxford Summer School, where knowledge meets opportunity!